Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Instructions for This Week's Craft

Crock pot candles!!!! I've wanted to try this for a long time, so I'm hoping it goes well.



Two tutorials on this projects are located at Apartment Therapy and Jen from the Block.

Necessary materials:
  • A glass or ceramic container; smaller is better
  • Wax, soy or regular is fine. I'll have some extra but if you want more than one candle, or you want a certain color, bring your own
  • A crock pot, I know ALL of you have one, so bring it!!
  • Candle wicks will be supplied by moi
  • Bring any dye or fragrances that please you


I'm not opposed to using a double boiler for this project, but I sort of assumed nobody would have one, and I wasn't about to buy one. If you've got one, though, feel free to bring it!

This week craft night has a special guest: Alexis Kubiak!! I guess she's sort of subbing for Rana, who is on another vacation! Can't wait to her back with us next week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Damn Rana and her vacationing <3 i feel incomplete with two weeks of no crafting

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are contemplating using broken up crayon to color your candles, i would suggest you reconsider. all my candles were the same with one difference, some of them had the crayon and others did not. the candles with crayon when cooled, settled uneven and they also burn poorly. that is all.

    ReplyDelete